Accounts Payable

Accounts Payable

32 West South Street, Third Floor

Joann TomkoLinda Elmy
Supervisor, Accounts PayableFinancial Coordinator, Accounts Payable
570-408-7849 (Fax)570-408-7849 (Fax)

ALL VENDOR INVOICES are to be addressed as follows:

Wilkes University

Accounts Payable / Finance Office

84 West South Street

Wilkes-Barre, PA 18766


Prohibited items that will NOT be paid for or Reimbursed by Accounts Payable:

  • Items personal in nature - products or services for personal, private, or non-University use.
  • Alcohol purchases



The Following options are available for purchasing gift cards:

1-Use the Gift Card Purchase Form to submit a request to purchase gift cards from one of two approved vendors: Barnes & Noble or Price Chopper. Both offer a large variety of various store cards as well as Visa, etc. from which to choose.(If you are selecting a Visa card, please remember to include the activation fee in your purchase price!) If you are purchasing a gift card for University employee or student use for Wilkes purchases (as opposed to a door prize), we will require receipts for the ultimate purchases to be provided to accounts payable within 30 days. Gift cards purchased for employees (including student workers) will be reported to payroll and will most likely be considered compensation reportable on the emplyee's W2 form.

2-Purchase your gift card out-of-pocket from any store and submit a standard AP check request form for reimbursement, noting the business purpose for the gift card. You must have the original receipt attached. Gift cards purchased for employees (including student workers) will be reported to payroll and will most likely be considered compensation reportable on the employee's W2 form.



  • The University reimburses employees for preapproved business travel
  • Original receipts must be attached for all expenditures
  • Receipts from restaurants MUST include an itemization of food and beverages purchased
  • Receipts with only a credit card dollar amount and no itemized listing will not be reimbursed
  • The names of the individuals present at the meal MUST be listed on the back of the receipt.
  • The Grants Office must sign all grant funded travel reimbursement requests, including FDC grants.
  • Only expenses incurred by the employee and approved by the Budget Manager will be reimbursed.
  • Use of Personal Vehicle is reimbursed based at the IRS approved mileage rate.
  • Employees must use the Employee Travel Reimbursement Form to submit requests for reimbursement.
  • Use the Non-Employee Travel Reimbursement form for non-employees to be reimbursed for travel as part of a pre-approved arrangement.
  • Items of a personal nature will not be reimbursed (airline upgrades, movie rental, speeding tickets and other vehicular violations, etc.)


Other Information:

Fly America Act: When scheduling international travel that is federally funded, you must ensure that all flights, where possible, are scheduled on U.S. flag air carriers or on foreign air carriers that code share with a U.S. flag air carrier. In addition, it is highly recommended that you contact the Grants Office prior to making travel arrangements.

Employee Advances for Travel (and in some limited cases certain other expenses) may be requested for employees who do not have PCARD's.